ENDORSED REPUBLICAN COMMITTEE CANDIDATES
SEPTEMBER 12, 2017 REPUBLICAN PRIMARIES
Polls open at 12 Noon and close at 9:00 PM.
Call the Dutchess County Board of Elections to find out where you can vote in this Primary:
DISTRICT 1: RUSS LIEBLER and SHERRY METZGER
Russ has been a former Chairman of the East Fishkill Republican Committee, President of the East Fishkill Republican Club and President and Director of the Dutchess County Pistol Association. He currently is a member of the East Fishkill Republican Committee and a founding Board Member and Trustee for the not-for profit Dutchess County 10-13 Foundation which helps law enforcement and their families in a time of need. Russ is your neighbor who knows the district and the people well. A strong defender of the Second Amendment, he has consistently fought for Republican/Conservative ideals in East Fishkill and has helped raise thousands of dollars for Republican candidates in East Fishkill and the county.
Sherry grew up in the Hillside Lake community. During that time she made life-long friendships with many of the people who live there. Growing up she helped on her family’s farm, which is located across the street from Hillside Lake. She currently works as an Environmental Technician for a local pump and tank company, she and her husband are small business owners, and she still continues to work at her family’s construction business. A tireless worker, Sherry will continue to bring that same work ethic to the East Fishkill Republican Committee. She is a great example of a hardworking committee member dedicated to keeping East Fishkill Republican strong.
DISTRICT 2: BRUCE CONEENY and TOM DIETZ
Bruce Coneeny at a glance:
• Graduate of Arlington High School and Dutchess County Community College
• U. S. Navy Veteran
• East Fishkill Pop Warner Coach
• Former East Fishkill Police Sgt.
• Former East Fishkill Volunteer Fire & Rescue Squad Lt.
• Decorated Retired Chief of Detectives, Dutchess County Sheriff’s Office
• Lifetime member of Dutchess County Sheriff PBA
• Member of American Legion – Vietnam Veterans
• Member of Hudson Valley Police Emerald Society
• Trustee of the Dutchess County 10-13 Foundation
• Certified Hospice Volunteer
Bruce Coneeny is married to his wife Kim for 43 years and has 3 children living in Dutchess County. Bruce is a long time member of the East Fishkill Republican Committee as your committee representative. Bruce has worked for over 25 years in County politics and has been involved in numerous issues regarding the people and communities of East Fishkill & Dutchess County. I look forward to receiving your support in this election and continuing to represent you on the Republican Committee.
Tom Dietz at a glance:
• East Fishkill resident for 20 years and a lifelong resident of Dutchess County
• Parishioner of Saint Columba Church
• Served as Town of East Fishkill Prosecutor for 2 years
• Former Board Member of Family Services, Youth Resource Development Corporation, ARC DC, Hudson Valley Council, Boy Scouts of America
• Member and former President of the East Fishkill Republican Club
• Coached East Fishkill softball & basketball and St. Columba CYO basketball
• Current member of the East Fishkill Republican Committee
Tom Dietz has resided in Hopewell Junction since marrying his wife, a lifelong Hopewell Junction resident, 20 years ago. Tom became involved in youth sports and joined the East Fishkill Republican Club shortly thereafter. While working with and becoming involved with people who keep the town running smoothly, either in recreation or government, Tom learned from them what has made East Fishkill a great place to live and raise a family. He knows it is important to find qualified candidates and good people in order to make sure the issues that face the Town are dealt with smartly and in the best interests of our community.
DISTRICT 4: DR. AMJAD NESHEIWAT and ANIL (A.J.) BEEPHAN
DR. AMJAD NESHEIWAT
Dr. Amjad Nesheiwat is a longtime resident of East Fishkill. Just over 20 years ago, he relocated his young family and private dental practice to Hopewell because after a search of the area, he quickly saw that Hopewell was a wonderful place to raise a family. He is an active member in the community, serving as his Church council president and also as your current committee representative for District 4. He is a strong supporter of local sports teams and has made it a personal commitment to give back to the community, continuously helping those that are less fortunate.
Amjad is a strong supporter of Republican ideals and has worked tirelessly to support the best Republican candidates at both the Town and County levels. With your support, he will continue to represent you on the East Fishkill Republican Committee and work on your behalf to identify & support strong Republican candidates to keep East Fishkill great.
To this day, Dr. Nesheiwat still feels Hopewell is a great place to raise a family and pledges to work hard to keep it that way.
ANIL (A.J.) BEEPHAN
Anil (A.J) Beephan at a glance:
- A long-time resident of East Fishkill
- An active member of the community through his work as a representative to a republican New York State Senator
- A volunteer fireman with over six years of service to the residents of East Fishkill. During that time, he was unanimously elected to the position of second lieutenant
- Previously held a three-year fellowship with the Republican National Committee. Has worked on numerous local, state, and nation-wide campaigns
- Obtained a bachelor’s degree in political science
- Actively pursuing a master’s degree in business management
Anil, commonly known as A.J., is a long-time resident of East Fishkill. Since the age of seventeen, he has served our community with distinction as a volunteer fireman. Upon graduating with a bachelor’s degree in political science, Anil continued his work in public service as a Community Representative to the Office of Senator Sue Serino. He has also fulfilled a three-year fellowship with the Republican National Committee where he assisted with numerous local, state, and national races. As an ambitious employee and campaigner, Anil plans to bring his diligent work ethic to the East Fishkill Republican Committee.
DISTRICT 5: MARIANNE WOOD and DAVID MINASI
As District 5 Leader, I will serve as your representative to the Republican
Party. Your concerns and recommendations will be heard, to make East Fishkill a better place to live.
* Support keeping taxes under the tax cap
* Support maintaining a local police force
* Support strong recreation programs for youth of all abilities
* Support delivering services in an efficient manner to the residents of East Fishkill
* Active in Republican Party, 30 years
* East Fishkill Republican District Leader, 25+ years
* Resident East Fishkill, 37 years
* Member, St. Columba Parish, 37 years
* Resident Carmel Central School District, 37 years
* Doctor of Education Degree (Ed.D.), St. John’s University
* Special Educator, 35 years
David Minasi has been a lifelong East Fishkill resident with his family who
have lived and owned property for 3 generations in our town. He attended
St. Denis St. Columba School and is a parishioner at the church. David
graduated John Jay High school and then received an Associates Degree
in Criminal Justice/Law. For many years he worked hard for his father’s
business “Forest Glen Homes, Inc.” and he now works as a construction
mechanic at “Consolidated Edison”.
David is a member of the East Fishkill Republican Club and is always
there to lend a hand for the Republican Party. Whether it’s the fundraising
spaghetti dinner, lobster bake or a town caucus, David is always there for
East Fishkill. Fighting for his beliefs is nothing foreign, David is a very dedicated and professional young man who wants the Republican Party’s principles and ethics to thrive in his home town of East Fishkill, ensuring it stays “a great place to live.”
DISTRICT 10: TOM FRANCO and BOB WIENERT
Tom is a 16 year resident of East Fishkill who has been fighting hard for local and County Republicans. Tom joined the Republican Club in 2008 and shortly became a member of the East Fishkill Republican Committee. Tom was formerly President of the East Fishkill Republican Club and has helped raise thousands of dollars for local Republican candidates. In 2013 Tom was elected East Fishkill Councilman. Tom is currently the Chairman of Dutchess County 10-13 Foundation which aids law enforcement. Tom is fighting hard to ensure East Fishkill keeps taxes low, provides quality services, has a strong police force and remains a strong Republican town.
Additionally while raising a family and having a full time job, Tom graduated from Marist College with a Bachelors in Political Science in 2006 and received his Masters in Public Policy from New England College in 2009.
DISTRICT 12: GEORGE SALEM and BILL HUMPHREY
George Salem and his wife Sue have been homeowners and taxpayers in East Fishkill since 1991. They have three children that have graduated from Arlington Schools and are working towards college degrees. A lifelong Republican, George has a history of volunteering and public service. He was previously chairman and a board member for the East Fishkill Conservation Advisory Council, board member of the Hospice Foundation, President of the Arlington Education Foundation and various other not for profit organizations serving the community.
George has taken his responsibility as a Republican Committee person very seriously. It is important for our elected officials to share the same Republican values and appreciate the challenges homeowner’s face trying to raise their family and pay their taxes. George is committed to making sure that homeowners and families are represented and heard when it comes to choosing good Republican candidates.
William Humphrey has been a resident of East Fishkill for over 20 years. Bill has been a member of the East Fishkill Republican Committee since 2007. Bill works hard to ensure that the Town and County Republican candidates, that the committee supports, are fiscally and morally responsible to the people of East Fishkill.
As a local small business owner, Bill has a connection with the residents of East Fishkill and listens to what is important to them. He understands their desire to keep East Fishkill a great place to live.